What is esports?
Esport is a relatively new way of competition using video games. In a matter of a few years new industry has grown from small local tournaments to major international competitions gathering thousands of people together. The championships are watched by millions of fans around the world, and the prize pools are amazing. Comparing with traditional sport, esport add new video games and existing games are updated and getting more difficult and interesting
How to bet on eSports?
At the dawn of e-sports, betting on matches was only accepted in Steam, but with the growth and development of the gaming industry, many bookmakers became interested in betting on e-sports.
The number of people willing to bet on their favorite team is growing every year, and the chances of winning are quite high.
Tips how to make a prediction in esport
- Choose an esport discipline you are interested in.
- Explore favorites, team line-ups, odds, and the basics of the game.
- Bet on a game that you are good at.
Types of esports bets
Esports betting is different from gambling as we know it. There are various betting options, for example:
- A bet on the outcome of a game. The simplest bet includes either the “win or lose” option, or also a draw if the competition for a win consists of an even number of matches.
- Handicap on cards. The bet is accepted if a match includes more than one card.
- Handicap for rounds. The bet is accepted if the game includes several rounds (for example, CS: GO or Overwatch).
- Handicap for murders. It's typical for esport disciplines such as Dota 2 or League of Legends. For each killed character, one game point is given, the team with the most points wins.
- Total bet. This is a bet on the final outcome of the match. E-sports is characterized by a large variability of totals - the number of cards in a match, the number of rounds, kills, as well as the wagering time. There are special cases, for example, the total is over or under a certain value.
In some bookmakers there are live bets - that is, bets made during the game. Players are monitoring the match online and can bet on a particular game situation, while the bookmaker can change or suspend the reception of odds. Live bets will win if the player is able to make quick decisions and analyze the situation in the game.